Civil Society Academy Social Innovation Challenge 2019
Deadline: January 25, 2019
Applications are open for the Civil Society Academy Social Innovation Challenge 2019. The Challenge aims at developing ground-breaking innovations to tackle hunger and social injustice over the next 18 months.
The process includes application of innovators on two specific challenges, a design thinking process, development of prototypes as well as piloting of the most promising solutions. The Social Innovation Challenge is a collective effort of Civil Society Academy, Welthungerhilfe and Impact Hub.
About Civil Society Academy Social Innovation Challenge 2019
- Challenge 1: How might we support rural women and their families to access public services that truly help them escape hunger and injustice?
They seek solutions that
- Support vulnerable women improving their awareness, access and quality of services and help ensuring their rights at the local level
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of state services
- Provide radical alternatives to current models of service delivery
- Challenge 2: How might we support social activists and concerned citizens to become more powerful in combating hunger and injustice?
They seek solutions that
- Magnify the voice of concerned citizens, social activists and their constituency to influence state policies at all levels
- Provide radical and effective alternatives to existing advocacy or campaign methods
- Support the international community in developing and enforcing global standards related to hunger and injustice
Benefits of Civil Society Academy Social Innovation Challenge 2019
- Selected innovators from diverse backgrounds will participate in a 4-day Design Workshop;
- The best 8 concepts & innovators will be awarded with up to 3,000 EURO and a holistic support system to further develop the prototype;
- A 3-month Prototyping: Develop prototype, Design & branding, First field tests, Acquire support, Customer need & Emotional resonance, Piloting plan;
- 4 innovation concepts will be further selected for a one-year stipends of up to 40,000 EURO and further support
Eligibility for Civil Society Academy Social Innovation Challenge 2019
- Open to creative people that have a passion for Zero Hunger and Social Justice
- Doers, that can take ideas forward
- Visionaries with different skills and from different backgrounds – from smaller and larger Civil Society organisations, from Businesses and State actors
- Innovators with great ideas relevant to the challenge in Africa and Asia
Application for Civil Society Academy Social Innovation Challenge 2019
There are three steps to enter the challenge:
- Step 1: Pick a challenge
- Step 2: Apply online
- Step 3: Upload a video or mood board that illustrates your passion & creative skills
For more information, visit Social Innovation Challenge.